World's first mixer for 4-channel audio and video
Our unique patented Multiple Video Blending Technology makes it possible to offer a mixer that is capable of 4-channel synchronised audio and video mixing.
Audio and video in each channel can be controlled in various ways (such as by fader or EQ), and this makes it possible to complete a synchronised AV performance via conventional DJM mixing methods.
What's more, because there is a facility for sound-only or visual-only control, users can create performances according to their individual preferences.
When switching the video, the SVM-1000's cross fader is capable of various effects such as FADE, WIPE and CHROMA-KEY. This presents boundless possibilities in terms of mixing, remixing or scratching at the assigned channel.
AV Effect Function opens up a new world of audio and video manipulation
Within the SVM-1000's 11-inch LCD touch panel (conveniently located front centre) is an AV Effect section, which enables the synchronisation of audio effects and video effects.
This function is capable of 30 patterns of effects on the audio and/or visual side, meaning that you can create countless combinations of effects. Each effect can be selected via an animated icon button for an easier (visual) understanding of the effect, thereby allowing DJs to instantly select the best effect for their performance.
- AV Beat Effect: Automatically detects the tempo (BPM = Beat Per Minute) of the music and affects both audio and video in time with the beat.
There are 12 patterns of Beat Effects: DELAY, ECHO, PAN, TRANS, FILTER, FLANGER, PHASER, REVERB, ROBOT, CHORUS, ROLL and REV ROLL. Indeed, users are fully armed on the effects front as each effect allows access to several more effects, including INVERSE, EDGE and HUE .
- AV Touch Effect: Enables a more sensuous use of effects because it allows users to touch and affect the visuals directly, as they appear on the panel. The mixer is loaded with 12 patterns of Touch Effects: RIPPLE, LENS, SPOT, RADIATION, CUBE, BLOCK, KALEIDO, TWIST, ZOOM, DROP, BLUR and DISTORTION.
- Text Effects: Automatically detects the tempo of the track and displays text messages in sync with the beat. The SVM-1000 is equipped with 6 patterns of Text Effects: RANDOM, ZOOM, BLOCK, ROTATION, CRUSH and SLIDE. Messages are inputted via the touch screen's built-in keyboard, but it is also possible to use an external USB keyboard.
JPEG Viewer Function: use still images from external memory sources
This feature lets you call upon JPEG images (up to 8 files) from SD cards or USB memory for use in the mixer's Still Image Sampler.
By using effects on still images, or mixing these with motion pictures or other stills, this function further expands the range of a creative performance when compared with a moving image-only show.
It also allows looping of JPEGs, such as logos of the event/venue/sponsors and DJ branding, to play automatically like a slide show.
Advanced digital audio/video system allows high quality sound and vision to truly come alive
The SVM-1000 achieves supreme quality sound through its digital sampling system. Digitised by a high quality 96 kHz/ 24-bit sound A/D converter, the analogue signal input passes through the shortest signal route to reach the digital mixing stage.
The mixing is then carried out by 32-bit DSP (Digital Signal Processing) – without any deterioration of the sound quality – and this produces the finest possible sound.
The mixer also sports a rigid chassis for minimising unnecessary vibration and maximising sound quality, while a dual-shield structure eliminates digital noise and a high performance power section boosts bass for a clear and powerful club sound.
The SVM-1000 furthermore incorporates a high performance integrated video circuit. The video signal's input through the high performance ADC is processed with 600 MHz/32-bit/4800 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second = 1 million command executions per minute) to ensure full dynamic rage and minimise unnecessary noise. This results in accurate, high quality images – even when visual effects (which are known to cause image deterioration) are used.
New club-conscious design/layout
As an instrument that aims to help define a new breed of artist, the SVM-1000 boasts a far more advanced and solid design when compared to standard DJ mixers.
To the rear, as seen from the dancefloor, the SVM-1000 features an illuminated display utilising diffused light. Elsewhere it incorporates a Channel Symmetric Layout and a tantalisingly tangible 11-inch LCD touch panel. The panel is designed for a direct and dynamic performance with low latency while using the mixer's effects, and the symmetrical layout of the channel section is shaped for the slickest of shows.
Other DJ/VJ performance functions with innovative digital technology
- Video Trim: Allows you to adjust the brightness of input video in each channel.
- Video EQ: Allows you to assign video parameters, like RGB, CONTRAST, HUE and SATURATION to EQ, and to synchronise sound equalisers and video control.
- AV Sync: Allows you to switch between sound and video with synchronous and separate control.
- Fader Start: Connect up Pioneer's DVJ players (DVJ-X1s/DVJ-1000s) with a control cable and sliding the cross fader or channel faders can start playback.
- Fully Assignable MIDI Function: Allows you to control external MIDI equipment, such as EFX and DJ/VJ application software.
- Video Monitor Select: Allows you to select the type of video monitor output: MASTER, CHANNEL, MASTER AND CHANNEL or MIRROR OF MASTER.
- Talk Over: Automatically lowers track volume so the DJ or an MC can talk over the track.
- Peak Level Meter: Allows you to check the peak level of the input sound immediately at each channel.
- Fader Curve Adjust: Allows you to change the cross fader/channel fader curve.